The aide may:
- Provide hands-on personal care
- Help with ambulating or doing exercises
- Help with instrumental activities of daily living
- Help with medication administration
- Perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services.
All aide services, including extended aide services, must be:
- Based on an assessed need
- Delivered as described and documented in the person’s care or service plan
- Medically necessary
- Ordered by a physician
- Supervised by a registered nurse or appropriate therapist (i.e., physical, occupational, speech-language pathology) when providing services as an extension of therapy.